Leon is a Director with Deloitte Consulting, in the Technology Strategy & Architecture practice. He has more than 20 years of working experience serving various financial institutions across the APAC region; in areas covering program management, IT & operations transformation, regulatory & risk management. His core competencies include: IT architecture strategy, target operating model (TOM) design, governance & risk transformation advisory, risk models development & validation, as well as MIS & IT systems implementation.
Prior to joining Deloitte, Leon worked for Oliver Wyman and EY Advisory.
Representative Clients: Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Maybank Singapore, other local and international banks in the region
Select professional experience include:
- Led assessment of current state infrastructure, defined target state IT architecture strategy & roadmap for Global Markets business of a major commercial bank in Australia
- Programme managed re-platforming of a major risk system (covering corporate, retail & treasury operations) of a large commercial bank in Malaysia
- Project Director of engagement to assist a D-SIB with subsidiarisation of its Singapore entity; focusing on regulatory compliance, capital management, and risk operations
- Programme managed review & design of risk governance, operating model, IT strategy and Basel II implementation roadmap for major banks in Vietnam
- Designed new operating model for Private Banking/Wealth Management risk functions, governance and IT infrastructure at a Taiwan bank
2 Speed Architecture to Embrace Disruption